My mum has also started helping out in preparing the bottles and sleeves for splicing. This has drastically reduced the amount of time it takes to splice bottles together. I was able to do 4 splices in less than an hour.
I'm also in the process of writing up the full details of the test stand, but those will only be published after we have fired the rockets a few times so we can also report on the repeatability and accuracy of the setup.
If people have suggestions for tests they would like to see results for please let us know in the comments section below.
Some of the thrust tests we have planned are:
(each test is likely to be run 3-5 times to eliminate variance in water and pressure levels)
- 9mm nozzle with water only
- 7 mm nozzle with water only
- 5 mm nozzle with water only
- 9mm nozzle with Jet foaming
- 7mm nozzle with Jet foaming
- 5mm nozzle with Jet foaming
- 9mm CD nozzle
- 7mm CD nozzle
- 15mm nozzle with water only
- A look at the chocking effect of Robinson coupled bottles vs full bore tornado couplings.
- Variable nozzle performance with water
- Variable nozzle performance with foam
- Different foam generating techniques
- Comparison of different foaming agents
- Comparison of foaming agent concentration
- Test differences in the convergent section of the nozzle