This blog covers the day to day progress of water rocket development by the Air Command Water Rockets team. It is also a facility for people to provide feedback and ask questions.

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Flight testing new splices

Well it's been quite a while since the last update, but rocket development has been continuing although a little slower due to the holiday season coming up. Today we went out to Doonside to test launch the new spliced pairs to see how they behave under flight and landing conditions, as well as sitting in the sun for a while.

The rocket used all 4 spliced pairs previously tested to 140 psi. The rocket was launched a couple of times at 130psi, and the splices held out well without any significant issues. 5 more of these will now be made and fitted to Acceleron V.

I am doing a write up of the whole day along with a few other foam and flour flights we did on the day. I'll post photos and a highlights video in the next few days.

___________________________________________

1 comment:

Dick said...

The Acceleron V should rock on these babies!