We worked on a number of different projects this weekend. We started a small production run of nosecones with integrated deployment systems using the new V1.5 flight computer. The idea is to build a number of these nosecones into our inventory so that we can simply screw in a new one should one become damaged. This will allow us to continue development on new projects without the need to spend a lot of time on repairs.
We also fixed up the launch release mechanism on the medium launcher after a hairline crack developed in the riser air tube. We have replaced it with a shorter much sturdier pipe that can be unscrewed. We also built a couple of swappable release heads with integrated launch tubes. The release head fitted to the release mechanism (image below) is a standard 9mm nozzle. The other two release heads are 15mm nozzles one with a 26cm launch tube to go into single bottle or robinson coupled rockets and the other has a 112cm launch tube to be used with longer, Tornado coupled and FTC rockets.
We've also did some more work on the new staging mechanism, but mostly just epoxying parts together.
We've fitted the endcap and nozzle on a full length of FTC now as we really want to get this first FTC rocket test flown. It will be launched with the new long launch tube shown above. There is still quite a bit of work to do especially on the recovery system.