Happy new year! Having had a nice break over the Christmas and new year we are back in full swing with rocket development.
The next launch opportunity is on Jan 10, so we are working to have a number of rockets ready for the day. One of the rockets we'll be testing is the new smaller and lighter deployment mechanism. It weighs less than half of the one we have been using.We'll test it on a small rocket first and then if things go well, we'll extend the rocket and try it at higher speeds and altitude.
We are also preparing a Polaron style rocket that will do a number of in-flight experiments.
Dad has finished upgrading one of our air control panels which will now be able to deliver two different pressures each up to 300psi. This will be useful for the upcoming re-enforced rockets to be launched at higher pressures.
Some goals for 2010 include:
- Getting Acceleron V back in the air on a number of flights, and pushing it to its limits.
- Finishing off V1.7 of the flight computer.
- Getting the website extension completed.
- Higher pressure launches.
- More instructional videos and construction instructions.
We hope everyone has many successful flights with their rockets this year.